Friday, September 4, 2020

September 4, 2020


MY CORNER by Boyd Cathey


I Have Been Doxxed…Please Be Aware

Friends,

A very brief message and a personal warning.

I wanted to let you know that I have been doxxed. It actually began back in December of 2019, but the effort has now gone apparently into high gear…even to the point that on a couple of occasions my email address has been manipulated to look as if I am sending out crude or suggestive messages to others. These messages showed up first in my spam file (where I did not see them), but yesterday I got them in my regular email account.

Then, there have been several highly suspicious phone calls, one of which I made the mistake of answering this past Monday (I thought it was from a close friend). When I picked up the receiver the other party immediately asked: “Is this Boyd?” To which I replied “yes,” and then I asked: “Who is this?” He replied: “Family…but I have a cold so you maybe don’t recognize my voice.” He proceeded to state some horrible things, but I stopped him: “If you are a family member, what’s the name of my sister?” Immediately, “click,” and he hung up.

Then, another caller, using a cell phone, began telephoning—I did not answer but I have now determined who this caller is. And it all fits.

I believe this is most likely an attempt to deeply embarrass me and to pressure me to cease writing, and stop putting out my essays; I think it most likely is politically-motivated. Possibly it could also be an attempt to get money from me (but since I don’t have any, that wouldn’t succeed).

It is deeply unnerving, as you might imagine.

But I thought that I should let those on this list know my well-grounded suspicions. And, although this list is always blind-copied, I do need to put you on guard. If you should receive something strange or nasty purporting to be from me, please let me know as soon as possible. I have discussed this briefly with an attorney friend. Right now there is very little I can do, but we need to be aware of the unhinged and amoral zeal of our enemies. They will do anything and use any tactic to silence an opponent.


Thanks for reading. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up, Boyd and for all you've done over the years. Keep fighting the Good Fight. Rasmussen has got Trump approval at 52% this morning with black approval at 45%! It's working and we're winning!

    ReplyDelete

                                    February 11, 2024     MY CORNER by Boyd Cathey Descent into Madness: Dostoevsky and the End of...